20111122

Some Zero-Sum Online series blurbs

http://online.ichijinsha.co.jp/zerosum/comic
Just checking some series out and translating the blurbs of those that caught my eye. Err it's not my fault that they're all about guys in inseparable relationships.

SeishunxMonster
Author: Mitsunanae

Tanaka, who was leading a junior high life of excellence, swore to himself that he would make his high-school debut as a hot guy. He enrolls into a high school in which there is not one graduate from his old junior high, but on the day of school entrance ceremony, Tanaka sees students that can't possibly be thought of as humans... The "Sei Phlox Academy" that Tanaka enrolled in was in fact a school for non-humans, [Myuu], to learn, that is hidden from the human world!! Despite this, Tanaka still somehow attempts to make friends-!?

Thoughts: Did not think I was going to like it but flicking through it was pretty cute! There's a lot of character potential with all the monsters, and it was pretty funny/weird. Inui-kun is moe. I love misunderstood yankee-types (which is why I love Oresama Teacher haha).

Tokyo Voyager Record
Author: Tashi

Before handing in his career survey, highschooler Takaya Tsugami was feeling vagure and isecure towards his future. What exactly do I want to do? And is it okay to choose it? With feelings like that, Takaya's existence drifts through class. But when unexpected events occur with Rigel Minahashi, who appears as if he lives however his heart desires, will he begin anew? The author of "Kakikake to Keshiin", Tashi, presents a refreshing youth story! 

Thoughts: While the art is not amazing, from what I skimmed it has a clear story-telling style and an overall charm.Or maybe it was the cute daughter(?)/Rigel interaction that got me. Well, it seems interesting. Seishun!

The Ant & the Grasshopper - Assortment 
Author: Frontier Works, Artist: Naoe Marimo

Once upon a time, there was the hardworking Ant and the playful Grasshopper. While the serious Ant had his moments of being manipulated by Grasshopper's actions, always seeing Grasshoppers's face of enjoyment somehow made him feel like he was having fun too... What are those two doing now, you say? That's...

Thoughts: I don't know how this concept can get more perfect really. Or terrible, I don't know. Aesop's Fables!? The chapters are short and there aren't enough BL vibes for my tastes, but short is sweet and it appears to be kinda cracky which is nice! There is still some young men blushing so it's all OK! (I joke, I do read stuff that isn't bl.) Actually, skimming it again I think it's quite enjoyable.

1 comment:

  1. "Err it's not my fault that they're all about guys in inseparable relationships."
    I laughed so hard ~ that was priceless! XDDD

    All these series look interesing; thanks for the info!

    ReplyDelete