20111221

Carnivorous Animal's Table Manners 6

I'd like to present a oneshot from Carnivorous! I know it has been a loooong wait (almost three years jesus) for everyone, myself included. I hope you enjoy this little romance. I have chosen to complete this oneshot first because the previous 2 chapters are linked and I thought I'd get this done first.

Some important notes:
  • If you are unaware, this is yaoi. There be penises. R18!
  • While I normally don't care about uploading and whatnot, this is BL and publishers drama blah blah. So I would like to request for this release not to be updated on Baka-Updates or MangaFox. The less attention the better! I don't want to stop translating the series that I completely fell for three years ago and still adore, even when it hasn't been licensed.
Now that's all been said, the links below.
1100px - Mediafire
1800px - Mediafire

But I'm not done talking!! Under the jump I'll be talking about some translation stuff.

This manga focuses quite heavily on the dialogue, and me generally working with shounen filled with yelling and grunting of the unsexy kind made this a fairly challenging translation. While I clumsily battled through with most of the script, one particular panel stumped me:
"Tatsuya kara no asatte wo muita shinsetsu de (next panel: ore wa ikudo mo meikan(?) wo kabutta kedo..." 

I'm a native English speaker so naturally I don't know Japanese perfectly, but when your various online and non-online dictionaries can't find another noun for "asatte" apart from "the day after tomorrow" which I can't see would make sense, you really wish you did. After consulting various translation sites I ended up with the line "I've shown kindness towards Tatsuya's moves in the wrong direction," but I would love for anyone to shed some light on this line. I will gladly v2!

Apart from that, scanlation wise I chose to not edit out the sfxs as I think that Kusama's sfx have this nice rough hand-drawn quality which I didn't want to lose. So I went with side notes; let me know if it's not working.


30 comments:

  1. "There be penises." ROFLMAO! I'm soo loving that, ahahaha XD And I'm sooo excited to read this, Thank You Thank You for your hard work, wooooooooooooot!
    *glomps*

    Luv,
    GiggLz.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much :"> I have been waiting for this for a long long time :D

    And thank you very mucnh again for two version, my screen is big so the 1800px is perfect :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not a native Japanese speaker either, but I think it may mean "[Because of] Tatsuya's misdirected kindness toward me" (I'm saying that without having read the chapter yet, though!)

    Explanation of 「あさってを向く」: http://detail.chiebukuro.yahoo.co.jp/qa/question_detail/q1316879058

    -Ele

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you for the release!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you very much! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for continuing this manga!
    Kusama is one of my favorite mangaka :)
    Even if we ignore genre (I love it but some people don’t like yaoi) still her characters, story… it touches me on all levels…

    Side note for sfx is just fine for me :)
    (I don’t mind as long as it translated!)

    angua

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the scanlation.

    ReplyDelete
  8. thank you so much! i can't tell you how love i've been waiting for this.

    and side notes are fine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much or the new chapter *_*

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved to see the continuation of the project. Thanks for everything!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much for this!!
    Yaaaay!! I love this manga too!!! *0*
    Oh, about the sfx, well, my friend did his graduate studies on the japanese onomatopoeia, and she always says that onomatopoeic sounds are part of history, that is, when they are fully translated and replaced, it loses a little of the cultural aspect of the manga itself.
    I just said all this blahblahblah, to say that for me, not translate the sfx is okay! *facepalm*
    Happy Holidays for you!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you so much! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for this chapter :)
    I really love this mangaka and comic too. I think my favorite part in this chapter is the scene when they were kids. Everything is always so much simpler and innocent.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. @GiggLzhahahai'm glad you do xd no problem, enjoy reading!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  16. @YoshiokaI'm glad that the different options are working out for you, makes me know I'm not wasting time haha.

    ReplyDelete
  17. @AnonymousI think that's it! I think I kinda got to that meaning only I put it the other way around (to makoto showing kindness to tatsuya). Yours makes a lot more sense. I will get around to a v2 soon. Thank you for your help, it was very much appreciated.

    baha looks like someone else was just as confused as me on that link!

    Thank you again.

    ReplyDelete
  18. @AnonymousKusama is one of my favourites too. I think that her stories can be enjoyed even if you're not into BL; her story telling and artwork is that good.

    Thanks for your input!

    ReplyDelete
  19. @PriscilaHehehethank you for your input. I do see where your friend is coming from, sometimes it is so hard to think of a suitable sfx translation, it is probably better to just leave it. On the other hand as an editor I really love how a manga looks when your eye can just flow from panel to panel without looking at side notes. That's just me personally though :3

    Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  20. @ctomesThanksfor reading :)
    I really liked that part too. Compared to the two as adults where things were kept inside and not communicated properly (at first), their relationship was so carefree. I also liked that a lot of Makoto's likes and dislikes were because of Tatsuya.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanx! I've been waiting a lifetime for this. I was heartbroken when PresenceDear shut down, but I was even more so take not make were interested in picking up her series. So again, THANX!

    And as fro the sfx, as long as there is an attempt to translate, I don't mind where they are. When you read a lot of history and philosophy texts, your eyes are always wandering to the bottom to read footnotes and such.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thank you for sharing! ^-^

    Happy Holidays!

    Sorry that I cldn't help with the translation part. Try as I might to take up Jap, I hvn been able to >.<

    As for the sfx, I personally prefer the original sfx as, after translations, the essence is often lost..

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thank you so much for picking up this series and continuing with it! It's been too long! Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  24. MERRY CHRISTMAS LACY!!
    HAVE A GOOD CHRISTMAS AND NEW YEAR!!

    HAPPY HOLIDAYS
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  25. @com801 I was devastated when PD closed up shop too! I did have hope that someone would pick up their releases, but here we are. Better late than never!

    Haha true, I suppose it's not too much trouble. Plus it's sooo much easier to edit it's unbelievable.

    BTW, kinda went a-hunting and read your post about Fujiyama Hyouta. Thumbs up!! One of my personal favourites ever is Dear Green, so I completely agreed with everything you wrote, and it's why I love that mangaka :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. @Jessica your enthusiasm and support is endless! happy holidays!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. thank you~~ hope everyone had a happy holiday~~

    ReplyDelete
  28. So sweet! thanks for sharing. Happy New year!

    ReplyDelete